Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wanna bet?

So here's the problem...it seems people are not yet inclined to donate money to the worthy cause. Also, I have heard that some people (you know who you are) are betting that I'm not going to make it all the way to Holland by bike. Of course, there are a few obstacles in the way, notably the warm weather in Portugal and Spain, some mountains, and the possibility of mechanical problems, crashes, or injuries. But here's the deal - I've combined these things into a cunning money generating scheme - you can now BET on the distance you think I will cover.



Of course the Presidents made it and so will I...at least that's what I am aiming for.
The rules are as follows - a bet costs 10 euro's. The winner, closest to the final distance covered, will receive 50% of all money actually paid in, the rest of the money will be donated to World Bicycle Relief. Betting can be done by filling out THIS online form and if it has been set up correctly you should be able to see what other people have betted - otherwise I'll put an overview on the blog at some point. Indicate total distance as a single number if you think I will make it all the way, or will quit without getting back on the bike. If you think I will quit, travel a bit, and then get back on the bike, enter two numbers with a plus sign (example 300 + 1500). A few pointers - start is planned from the parking at the Estadio Nacional de Jamor (west of Lisbon). I will pass through Burgos and Toulouse. The finish will be in Groningen or Steenwijk in the Netherlands. Official distance will be the readout from my Garmin cycling computer. Complaints? Forget it - "over de uitslag kan niet worden gecorrespondeerd".

No comments:

Post a Comment